RSVP is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
RSVP may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 01 June 2012.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name, age and job title
- contact information including email address, telephone number, address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to ascertaining whether we can provide you with a dating service
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and ascertain whether we are able to provide you with a service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- For a short period after you initially contact us, we may contact you by email, phone or by post to provide further or updated information about our services, new services, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the contact details you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may use the information to tailor or refine our marketing activity.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse which pages of a site you visit and in which order.
Sites we place advertising on use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Types of cookie used on this site
Cookies used on this site fall into two categories, as defined by the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO).
1. Performance cookies
'Performance' cookies collect information about how you use our website e.g. which pages you visit, and if you experience any errors. These cookies don't collect any information that could identify you – all the information collected is anonymous and is only used to help us improve how our website works, understand what interests our users and measure how effective our advertising is.
We use performance cookies to:
- Provide statistics on how our website is used
- See how effective our adverts are (we don't use this information to target adverts to you when you visit other websites)
- Provide feedback to partners that one of our visitors also visited their website. This can include details of any products bought. This lets our partners improve their website, but we don't allow our partners to reuse this information for further advertising
- Help us improve the website by measuring any errors that occur
These cookies are set and managed by Google, as part of their Adwords and Analytics programs.
Using our site indicates that you accept the use of 'Performance' cookies.
Accepting these cookies is a condition of using the website, so if you prevent them we cannot guarantee how our site will perform for you.
2. Marketing and Advertising Cookies
These cookies are managed by Google. They are set when you visit certain pages of our site (eg the registration and contact forms) but do not submit one of these forms.
These cookies are used by Google to deliver you with reminder advertisements about our site ('Remarketing' in Google terminology) for a limited period after your visit. The cookies are also used to limit the number of times you are shown these reminder adverts.
You can choose not to accept these cookies:
- by adjusting the settings in your browser; or
- at www.google.com/ads/preferences.
Keep in mind, though, that opting out will not stop you being served ads - they keep the internet free for everyone; it just means you will be served generic ads that are not tailored to your interests.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. We do not have any control over other websites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission, are required by law to do so or under the exceptional circumstances allowed by the Data Protection Act.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A fee of £10 will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as above. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Under the Data Protection Act, we are not required to remove personal data until it is no longer required by us. However, we are always happy to cease to use your data for marketing purposes if you so request using the contact details above.
No data you provide at this stage will be made available to any other member or user of RSVP until or unless you proceed to become a member.
Becoming a member
On becoming a member of RSVP, we will collect further personal information from you and use that, plus any information already provided, in providing a dating and/or singles events service to you. Details of what information we collect and hold on RSVP members, how that is used and the control of it are covered in the RSVP Data Retention Policy.